FPO (filled polyolefin) Film is made from polymers PP (polypropylene) or PE (polyethylene), to which is added natural minerals (including Calcium Carbonate) in various degrees of fineness to create a film with outstanding performance.
The film has a “paper-like” feel and superior folding and printing results. It is also oil and water resistant. Compared with pure polymers, FPO Film is twice as effective a barrier to light and water vapour. This means that they can replace more complex laminate solutions such as PE/Paper. One major advantage is that moderately filled FPO Film has considerably improved tear resistance and dart drop (puncture resistance).
Standard films are available up to 1,200mm wide and 40-200 um thick. Stock films in PP and PE are available in many different thicknesses, and as sealable and light barrier material.
Advantages at a glance
- FPO is totally taint-free and environmentally friendly
- Meets the requirements of the food industry, with food contact approvals (EU, FDA, BGA)
- One material for packaging, tub, lid and cover leaf
- Excellent mechanical properties: tear and puncture resistance
- A recyclable package: freeze-able, microwaveable, machine dish washable
- Better water, oxygen and light barriers compared to pure or low filled polyolefins
- Soft touch and paper-like texture
- Packaging wrap
- Labels Cover leaf
- FFS (bags)
- Laminating film for packaging material
- Display signs